Sunday, March 25, 2012

A Baby Quilt Top.

I finished this quilt top last night. I am pleased with how it has turned out. The friend it was for is now having a girl, but I love how the way things turn out, just recieved news on Facebook that another friend has just had a baby boy, so I'll finish it and mail it her way.

Hindsight is always great.... I should have maybe moved the third row, second block in, to the left, so the orange is balanced out a bit more. But..... I always seem to sew them in the wrong layout anyway!

This is the back. All those loose threads, dark blue against white. Ekk, I'll have to cut them as they will show up. Wish I had some black batting!

7 comments:

Lisa said...

Just beautiful! I seem to always miss a dark thread or two when I have a light background. It drives me crazy! I like the idea of black batting, haha!

Emma said...

Looks terrific, Helen! I always seem to muddle up the piecing order of my blocks, too. Wouldn't black batting make the white look grey? I'm actually just about to cut into my black batting foy my DQS12 quilt - it's mostly a navy solid, but I'm going to quilt the living daylights out of it, somewhat like 'May'.

Cindy Sharp said...

I love the pops of orange....where ever they may be.

Quiet Quilter said...

White always brings out the colors! Nice..

Annie said...

Oh, this little quilt is so cute! And now you get to do it all again...in pink! :-) Sometimes the layout has a mind of it's own and it all still works out anyway. I love those little squares and the bits of orange scattered.

Annie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Karen said...

The blue looks striking against the white. What a lovely gift!