Sunday, June 03, 2007

Happiness is a New Rotary Blade

*sigh* This time last week I was recovering from the "killer of a Craft Fair". This Sunday, well I have changed my rotary cutters blade! Wohooo!!! It glides through the fabric now, very smooth and nice. I am still working on the log cabin blocks with a zing! I have even used some of the fabric brought last week, in the block below I have used the blue and the orange. I found this range was from Moda, called Spring Fling by Me and My Sister Designs. Amazing the info one can find on the selvage!

Am finding though I am curving in a bit on the corners, see if I can iron that into place? Thats what I get for sewing without pins I suppose.....

On another note, I signed up last week for a scrappy scrap swap at Melly and Me. And this weekend I found out who my swap partner was, Jess who has a blog here. Looking foward to swapping with you Jess!

3 comments:

Helen said...

I always read the selvedges. Does this make me a fabric snob? And yes, a new blade is heaven.

Natalie said...

Wow Helen, your block looks great! Those colour all look so lovely together. I was surprised just how sharp my rotary cutter is, just ANOTHER thing I have to keep away from Jai!

atet said...

New blades -- good thing. I have one that is just about dead but good enough for the utility work I am doing right this second. But for my next project -- woo hoo, sharpness.

Ok, I'm geek enough that I make sure to save the piece with the selvege when I'm cutting down 1/2 yards into fat quarters -- just so I can figure out what fabric it is I'm using -- is this bad?

Love your log cabins and all of the bright colors!