Friday, June 29, 2007

BOL Progress...... not looking good


*sigh* This Blanket of Love Quilt is certainly a challenge for me this week! Firstly Joy thankfully saved me from making a quilt that was 60 inches as opposed to 60 cms! Phew! Thanks Joy! :) And now, just then I realized I have run out of the fat quarter that was supplied to be the main colour in the design. The strips hanging next to it here are nowhere near enough needed. Opps!! I'm not too worried as the other week up at Mum's when I was searching through her stash to look for some fabric to match the red, I found a 10 x 40 cm strip of the exact same red. So am hoping if she had that little bit, she may have some more? And if not, well I'm prepared for a fabric shop crawl till I find some.

6 comments:

Suzanne Earley said...

Oh dear -- good luck with your fabric search, that's so, so frustrating, isn't it?

THe quilt is looking very cute!

Libby said...

The quilt is definitely adorable, frustrations aside! Hang in there, I think the end result will be worth it :)

Kylie said...

Oh Helen - It looks adorable - I like the little hearts - Good luck in your fabric crawl to find the matching material to finihs it - oops - oh well, just think how much you would have had to purchase if you had done the 60 inches!

Little Munchkins said...

I see that it is going to be another stunning piece from you. Can't wait to see the end result.

atet said...

Good luck with the fabric search -- though, this may be a good time to think about improvising a bit. Maybe use what's left to fade the color into another one that is similar but either lighter or darker. It could give the quilt some added interest.

Natalie said...

I think it's looking fantastic Helen! I hope that you can find the fabric that you are looking for.