Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Back of a raggedy edge quilt

Have had a request to see the back of a raggedy edge quilt, so here we go! Hope I'm not confusing things but above is a close up of a quilt I made for Grace a few years back, raggedy edge style. I did it different to the style of Milly's in that the backing fabric was the same print as the top fabric. Make sense? All random 6.5 inch blocks. I made the photo a touch darker so the cross of sewing can be seen, thats our next step.

And here's a shot of the front. See the edges all raggedy and frayed? Nice and snuggly! Think I'll start the sewing bit on Friday, give everyone a chance to get ready. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhhhhh...raggedy edges. That is the technique you used on my 40th birthday cushions (see January!). Meredith from mothers group here...and I really love those cushions. Thanks Helen.

Helen said...

Miss Meredith! At last a comment from you! :) Can we tempt you to come sew raggedy edge things with us??! LOL