Sunday, June 12, 2011

A Quilting Weekend.

Daz has worked all weekend. One word to say, reports! Ewww!! As a parent, love getting them to read, as a wife of a teacher, well I can say goodbye to seeing my husband for the next few weeks. But on the plus side, I have lots of time on the weekend to sew and Daz actually said to me during the week that he was lucky I had my quilting to keep me amused. He is the lucky one??! *ahem!* Okay, I'll let him think that! So I used my time on the weekend to do some quilting. I have had the above mini quilt pinned up on the felt wall for months, just waiting to be quilted. So I started on that. White thread on top and pink underneath which is creating a shimmering effect. I always used to swear on same thread top and bottom, but for this one, hey living on the edge in quilting land!

Then I put the walking foot and got started on my Askew Squares. Just straight lines here. Up, then down, snip the thread then up and down again. Took 4 bobbins of thread and this time I did use the same thread top and bottom. I measured my lines by eye and the seams of the piecing, I didn't mind the wonky look. So hopefully during the week I'll get the binding on. Hopefully.....

12 comments:

Manda said...

Love that pebbling quilting and the shimmering effect!

AJ said...

You're are brave....no quilting lines....eeeekkkK!!!! love your confidence!!

Poppyprint said...

What a clever husband you have! Sounds like the perfect weekend (for you, anyway!).

Marg said...

The pebble quilting with just a hint of pink showing through looks fabulous.
Love the straight line quilting too, you are brave just eyeballing it, well done.

Sarah Payne said...

Looks great - I think the 'slightly wonky' shape of the eye-balled lines are fabulous. Will have to try that one myself!

Unknown said...

I love the white and pink thread together - it looks so pretty!

dedicated exchange server said...

Looks amazing!

Kimberlee, The Spunky Diva said...

That is looking good. I am debating using some straight line stitching on my puppy quilt. Yours looks very nice.
~ Kimberlee at The Spunky Diva 

Sarah Craig said...

Looks like you had an awesome weekend!! Nice work!!

Samantha said...

Love it all!

Lily Mulholland said...

Well done Helen (and love that Daz thinks you're doing him a favour!!)

Nancy said...

well, first I am blown away by some of your quilts and I will have to spend the rest of the day reading your blog for inspiration...
But I came over from Carol's blog MamaCJT... Can you direct me to the pattern for the little quilt you made her in the swap? I LOVE IT!!
You have a new fan...