Monday, June 27, 2011

More Pink Askew Squares.

Thank you for all the lovely comments about my finished Blue and Green Askew Squares Quilt in the last post. I finished sewing the rest of the pink squares yesterday. These ones I aimed to make at least 9.5 inches square. I'll admit I am sewing these to fit a piece of wadding! Not too sure about that extra pale pink one at the bottom but hopefully it will blend in.

So here I have sewed one up, four quarters cut and sewn back to make a square. Thanks to my macro lense on the camera, you can see the center doesn't match up! I took this photo for the lovely Lynne though. She was asking about the size of the inner most square. Not big enough now I say Lynne! The little one above is now half an inch, so an 3/4ths and inch before it got sewn together and 1.5 inches before it got slashed in quarters. Too small I think for next time, learning curb as always, 2.5 inch minimum for the center square on the next one!

6 comments:

Emma said...

Looking good! You have soem great fabrics in there. I wonder if adding another border to that really pale block would reduce its impact?

Janine said...

Wow, you used nice colors, and i like the quilt in green and blue below this blog

kind regards janine

Ann Marie @ 16 Muddy Feet said...

Love your color choices, it would go well with the one I whipped up yesterday....... http://16muddyfeet.blogspot.com/2011/06/super-sewing-sunday.html Now as soon as my head gets unfoggy from surgery this morning, I will finish putting it together.

Pinkadot Quilts said...

Oh I love all that pink!

Natalie said...

Gorgeous! Loving all that pink, have to be honest though and say that I can't see where the center doesn't match up, I think it's pretty near perfect :)

felicity said...

I love all these askew squares quilts!!