Wednesday, June 01, 2011

Birthday Fabric!

I used my recent birthday as a treat to buy myself some fabric. I know, one doesn't really need an excuse to buy fabric, but that was how I was justifying two purchases! So this is what 14 yards plus two charm packs look like. 8 yards of Kona Solids from the Fat Quarter Shop with delicious names like daffodil, clover, honey dew, pansy, peony and pistachio. And then on the top a bundle from the lovely Jackie at Canton Village Quilt Works. She had a 15% off Facebook page special the other week, bingo, I was there! A bundle of Oval Elements FQ's, two of which have already made it to the backing for my Rainbow Squares Quilt. And a bundle of FQ's called Filigree which I have no idea what to sew with, they just looked pretty. Some Kaffe on top including two charm square packs which I'll quietly admit, some of the prints in this collection are ugly! Uggggggly! But I don't want to untie the ribbon.....

11 comments:

Rachel said...

woooow, gorgeous fabrics! Much envy coming from this direction. Can't wait to see what they're turned into.

Millie said...

oh how luscious! I love buying fabric for myself on my birthday!

Lisa said...

YUM! I think I'm going to ask for fabric for my next birthday! great idea.

Unknown said...

So glad that they arrived safe and sound! They all look just luscious stacked there!!

Clare said...

Yummy fabrics. The solids are gorgeous.

Didn't know about Canton Village. Thanks for the link.

Anonymous said...

I actually "ooohed" out loud over you fabrics, especially the solids. I'm becoming more and more interested in solids lately.

Ann Marie @ 16 Muddy Feet said...

they look wonderful all together!

Poppyprint said...

A stunning stack!!!

Unknown said...

wowsers! That is one big pile of fabrics. Have fun birthday girl!

Samantha said...

pardon me while I drool... Okay! Happy birthday!

Quilt fabric said...

Awesome stack! Good idea. Much love!