Thursday, September 07, 2006

Shirring Success!

Well I have done some shirring! I thought it would be so hard and it was sooo easy! The hardest thing was winding the elastic on the bobbin. I ended up doing it by hand as I couldn't get the tension right on the machine way of winding.

Anyway more of this pink flower and butterfly material, I'm not sick of it yet. Lucky cause I still have like 3 metres left! Its so light and summery. Not that we are having any summer weather here in Perth, its sooo cold at the moment, an icy wind straight off Antartica I think.

Milly's not looking too impressed though with it is she?! Maybe next time for the shoulder ties, just do one strap and have a button or a press stud at the back? That would work. Although the bow is cute!

So next plan is to do Grace a matching top and then maybe some dresses, the same style. Different fabric though!

What is with blogger and the new small text??

6 comments:

Cass said...

Helen, love the top. Haven't ventured to shirring yet seems a bit frightening.

Andrea said...

YAY Helen, that looks great. Our girls have matching styles! Funny that we were sewing the same thing!
I can't wait for Ellyse to try hers on...photos tomorrow!

Andrea said...

Helen,
I just wanted to ask how many rows of shirring you did?
Ta

Natalie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Natalie said...

Gorgeous top Helen. I love the fabric and it just looks adorable on.

paula said...

What a gorgeous top and picture :)