Monday, September 18, 2006

Co Op Fabric Arrived!





Excitment in my driveway this morning when we arrived home from Mothers Group to find a big white garbage bag sitting on the doorstep! It was fabric I had ordered back in April and May through a US Fabric Co Op I belong too!

4 yards of PUL for my cloth nappy wet bags.
5 yards of KP Kids Prints.
5 yards of Strawberry Shortcake flannel.
4 yards of Sesame Street flannel!

So paid at the end of June, arrived today by surface, 2 and a half months to get here. Not that bad, was expecting longer. Had to go surface mail as it was $$$$ to go air with so much!

And when I was going back through the database, realized I have paid for another KP Kids bundle in July which is also ready to be shipped. So should have that soon too.

Now, what to sew with it all?

6 comments:

Cass said...

Helen, what a great haul you have. No more buying any fabric for a while LOL. Also meant to ask did you use a pattern for that top for Grace or just make it up. Also with the shirring do you do that when the top is completed?

Helen said...

Cass, I am actually on a no fabric buying spree till this time next month! Have to stop buying! Okay, shirring top, no pattern, just a rectangle of material, 32cms high, just under 1 metre around her. Its a bit tight, could have maybe made it 120cms. The two tops I have made, I do the shirring after I have sewn the material into a tube, KWIM? So sew material together, shirring, then hem it, wola! Are you planning on making Charlotte some? So easy! :)

Cass said...

Yes planning on making one for Charlotte and all the talk about selling I might sell something on Etsy as well although not sure if it would be good enough. I have a couple of softies to sell but need to wait until after the swap.

AJ said...

Yum Helen....oh the joys of deciding what to sew.....wish I had little girls to sew for!!

brazen's crafts said...

i have some of those fabrics too! a gf bought them from the same co op when she was nappy making and they took so long to get here she didn't need them anymore once they'd arrived! pretty expensive for pj pants though LOL that's where i got the dragonfly material for emelia's dress too...

Leah said...

Fantastic lot of fabric you have there - lots of hours of creativity just waiting!