Tuesday, April 14, 2009

The Pink!

I had a very early knock on the door and a thump of parcel hitting the doormat this morning which always causes great excitment! It was my swap quilt from the Monochromatic 4 Seasons challenge. I opened the package to find this beauty titled "The Pink" from Marlene, and I was blown away with it! It is just stunning! My colour of choice was pink and my season was Spring. Marlene had even sewn a hanger in the back so I could immediately hang it on some dowel and take these snaps in the backyard. I have to rearrange some wall space to find a spot for it inside, its getting to the too many quilts, not enough walls stage....

I just read on Marlene's blog that the flowers here was a photograph that she printed out onto EQ fabric sheets, its amazing, I wouldn't have realized that at all. Love the quilting detail, its just beautiful.

This bit is my favourite! Little bubbles!! I think I have found the answer to my quilting for the little birds in a tree quilt I was pondering in my last post. I'm going to give this a try.

Thanks again Marlene, it is fantastic! And thanks to Margaret for running the swap too.

13 comments:

Shari said...

This quilt is just so fantastic! Beautifully done with gorgeous quilting. Very lucky you!

Mom said...

I just knew you had to love this when I saw it in progress. It's so different from your style, but it's fabulous and creative.

Andi said...

Stunning!!!!!!

Momo said...

Lovely color, I like it very much!

Momo from Germany

Trisha said...

Oh, that quilt is simply stunning!

Zonnah said...

I love your quilting!

Unknown said...

Beautiful -- I love "the pink" all the details are amazing! Lucky you :)

Emma said...

Inspiring!

Ann said...

WOW, that is pretty and so full of life!!

Unknown said...

This is stunning! I'm not an overly pink person, but I would hang that in my house any day! Let me know if you ever get bored of it!! :) (Think I'll be waiting awhile)

Little Munchkins said...

Gorgeous quilt! I think the bubbles quilting looks great too.

Cass said...

Helen that is gorgeous

Lily Mulholland said...

It's indeed gorgeous! Wow to the quilting on the flower petals too. Gorgeous work. No wonder you're pleased Helen :)