Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Flickr Doll Quilt Swap #6 finished!

I finished sewing on the label to my flickr dolls quilt swap last night, yahh! When I started out I was intending to make two, but then kinda fell out of love with it and stuck to making one, but being a true Gemini, maybe I should have made two, it's grown on me and I'll admit I'll be sad to see this leave my sewing room.


I followed Marlene's lead and ended up doing a bubble style of quilting in the white. You can see it better on the back here. White on white, not so good in the world of blogger.


I did have a small heart attack when I pulled it out of the washing machine after washing it. The red had run on the white in just a small area. I was so cross! Luckily I had a satchet of this Run Away Colour Remover for occassions just like this...... I soaked it for an hour, washed it again and wolah, the run had dissappeared, thank goodness or otherwise I would have been making another one after all.

Now to package this up and send it off to it's new home.

15 comments:

Cass said...

I love those birds Helen

Donna said...

Helen, this is fabulous! Someone will be thrilled to have this delivered to their doorstep.

Vicki W said...

What a great quilt!

Emma said...

Very cute! I must remember to get some of that runaway stuff.

LauraJ said...

oh what a great save with the Runaway! This happened to me at Christmas time. I didn't have that to rescue the running dye. Instead I used floor cleaning gel with a toothbrush and scrubbed the spots that ran. Rewashed the piece and it was fine! You're brids are so sweet!

Anonymous said...

Helen, it's lovely! Your birdies are gorgeous!

Andi said...

Very sweet little quilt.

Lisa said...

Looks great Helen! I guess those reds are notoriously runny!

Lily Mulholland said...

It's very cute Helen. And thank god that red came out!

Trisha said...

So very cute!

byneedleandthread said...

Love it Helen! I'm sure your partner will too! Do you pre-wash your fabrics? I don't.

Cyliebug said...

How lovely this is Helen. What a lucky person will be to receive it.

Anonymous said...

What an adorable quilt!

susan said...

looks gorgeous!! i would have been soooo unhappy if the stain had stayed, so i am so happy for you!!yea, now on to the next round!! haha

suesueb said...

i had seen your quilt on the flickr group and loved it then too!! so sweet! happy late birthday*