Wednesday, November 19, 2008

WIP Wednesday - Week 41 - A pinwheel!

I must admit I haven't done much sewing this week but I have whipped up four of the above blocks. I dusted off the instructions for AJ's Mystery Quilt finished back on WIP Wednesday, Week 9. (Embarrassingly enough in that same post is another quilt top finished and still waiting to be sandwiched! Ek!) These blocks are going in the corners of the Mystery Quilt, then just a wide long plain border of this Valori Wells fabric purchased back in April and then all done, ready to sandwich. That's the plan anyway..... I'm really hoping to get this done for a shhhhh shhhhh secret squirrel occassion early in the new year. I'll say no more!

I promise I won't bombard this blog with a photo of the Squid Eye quilt every time I take a stitch, but thought it would be fun if I made myself a little mud map to track my progress, just to keep my interest up. So all the wobbly drawn lines in Photoshop? That is where I have quilted.....

8 comments:

Tine said...

The pinwheel looks great :) I love that green fabric!

Andi said...

The squid eye is going to be amazing. Love the colours and the design.
Andi :-)

AJ said...

Yeah Helen...back on the mystery quilt! Mine has been sandwiched for a few weeks now...must get on to it before the pins rust!

jacquie said...

love pinwheels! i could look at that squid eye every day...no problem.

Cass said...

ha Helen you gave me a heart attack when I glanced at the squid eye picture when it first came up. I thought you had quilted it in green!

Emma said...

Next time I'd go for more subtle quilting ;)

Emma said...

PS - love the perfect pinwheel points!

Edna said...

I have just spent a good part of the past day and a half looking back through all of your posts, right to the start. I absolutely love your colour sense! And, your two girls are so lovely. It brought back fond memories of when I was sewing for my two little girls. They are both now in their 30's.. my only Grand-daughter is already 13 so, looks like no more little girl sewing for me again for a while. Again, absolutely love your blog and the things you are making!