Wednesday, March 12, 2008

WIP Wednesday - Week 9 - Log cabin finshed! Mystery Quilt, nearly finished!

Two WIP's this week, go Helen! I have had this log cabin quilt for Grace's bed, all folded up with just the bottom row of little log cabins to sew on. So this week, I unfolded it, pinned it and sewed it! At last, finished! Its hard to photograph as its quite big, 128cms across by 210 cms long. I was thinking about a pink marble backing but after doing some searching on the net, I found this deep red paisley backing here. So once that arrives, off to the professional quilters for this one! Its too big for me to attempt to do it, so I'm going to get it professionally done, only the second time ever, sound be exciting to pick out the pattern!

And then with that one out the way, I turned my attention back to AJ's Mystery Quilt. I have sewn all the rows together. I'll admit, some of my seams are way out, and others match perfectly, how does one explain that?! I've drapped it over the ironing board to hide its imperfections! All it needs is the borders and I haven't any more of the Valori Wells print I used for my feature square, so I have just had to order a yard from the same place I got the above backing from. And just to fill up the satchel, I got some charm squares, just as a treat!

6 comments:

Lynda said...

The mystery quilt looks gorgeous! And I can't see anything which doesn't match up. I'm sure it will look fabulous when it's been quilted.

Cass said...

Helen as usual beautiful quilts. I really love the mystery one

thehummingcat said...

Loving your mystery quilt, more than mine. Ask Daz if he wants to swap ;-)

Harmany Quilting said...

You have been sooo busy - I love what you have been doing.

Nicola in West Australia

Helen said...

Thanks girls. I think the mystery quilt will really zing when the boarders are added.

Emma said...

Nice work! You should give the log cabins quilting a go; your free motion quilting is great, and they would be a great place to try out your improved skills. Remember. Challenge yourself! I'm looking forward to seing the mystery quilt in all its glory, too!