Monday, March 31, 2008

Ad's Birthday Quilt.

I took these photos last week but have only just remembered to blog them. When this quilt was presented to its new owner, my camera batteries died so I didn't get any shots of it finished, I was sewing the label on the back as we drove down to her house! Must say I was quite proud of my stippling, the flowers were fun to do, and I think you can just make out in the below photo, I "wrote" around the corners. "Happy Birthday Aunty Ad" and then all our names on the other corner.



It looks wavy here as I was trying to be a bit artistic taking the shots outside. Bumpy grass = bumpy quilt! Anyway, quilt no #2 finished and blogged for the year!

13 comments:

Belinda said...

What a great birthday present. Love the colours.

Leah said...

Such a lovely quilt Helen! Your freehand quilting is awesome. I might just have to have another go at a quilt - don't feel like making a sewing girls' trip to Brissy, do you?!

Anonymous said...

This quilt is so pretty. It is the second pink one in a week that I've seen. Now, I've go the urge to make a pink quilt!

Cass said...

Great quilt as usual. I especailly love the tree shot, very artistic

Jody Sanders said...

It's beautiful!

thehummingcat said...

MY quilt looks great, and my grass is not bumpy!

Emma said...

Beautiful quilt, I love the creative quilting! And that's a wonderful photo in the tree!

Lily Mulholland said...

Well done Helen. LOL at Adds' comment :)

Samantha said...

Lovely! And the quilting is fabulous!

Helen said...

Thanks girls! :)

Ad, face it, your grass is BUMPY!

May Kristin said...

Beautiful quilt!

susan said...

the photo in of the quilt in the tree is really great. this is a super sweet quilt. can i be aunt ad??

Anonymous said...

So this is what it looks like (the quilting). I'm planning to have a similar pattern but mine will be pansies (it was during my second day of FMQ class).