Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Matildas Door Hanging


Those clown masks have been scaring me for the last few days every time I opened my blog. I wasn't going to post till Wednesdays WIP update but I can't wait that long!

Here is a wall hanging I made for Matilda's door back in early 2005. Look at the difference from Grace's one done in mid 2003 here! This is from a Hot Possum's pattern. AJ recently finished one here and wasn't too happy with the face so I said I'd post some picts of how I did mine. Not that I am an expert, just nice to see how other people do it.

I have to add another one of these to my to do list for Christmas, as I have made every child one in my Mothers Group and regularly readers of my humble blog will know that we have just had a new addition, baby Caitlin, so I'll have to sew her one so she's not left out, which will be a joy as I love sewing these.


8 comments:

Suzanne Earley said...

That is so cute! I have to say, I'm glad you bumped down the clown faces. They were kind of scary...and generally I like clowns! LOL!

Kylie said...

Thanks for the new pictures! Goodbye scary clowns!

Cass said...

Helen that looks great as usual. Those clowns were a bit scary.

thehummingcat said...

Yay, the clowns have gone! Still can't believe you took the girls, I told you, our family doesn't do the Circus!
Wall hanging looks fab, remember you made Cate one too?

AJ said...

Thanks Helen...Your are much better...I think putting a nose on mine spoilt it a bit...still not sure...and it is still sitting here waiting for me to add the hanging tags....opps!!

tigerfilly said...

oh so sweet - I love the bright colours you use helen

Anina said...

Those clowns are rather scary. This is so much prettier. I love it.

Helen said...

Thanks girls. Glad it wasn't just me who thought those clown masks were a bit too freaky!