Tuesday, March 01, 2016

William's Quilt All Finished!


I have finished William's Blue Squares baby quilt.
It ended up measuring 53 inches square.


I'm really pleased with how this one has turned out.
What I am really pleased with is how flat it lays. Seems the Quilting Gods were smiling on me the day I squared this one up.


No pucking woes to be seen now...


Grace and William on the label. Fitting that they are both wearing blue as well.


The arty over the fence shot.

Here are my quilting specs for next time:
Pressure dial on the back of the machine -1.
Upper thread tension - 4.0.
Stitch width - 2.0.
Stitch length - 3.0.
Top thread - Aurifil 50.
Bottom thread - Aurifil 50.
Direction of quilting - Clockwise, always clockwise.

7 comments:

Elizabeth V Kelbaugh said...

LOVE the blues and the blocks in your quilt. Super!

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Beautiful. Great label and backing. It looks great front and back!

KateKwiltz said...

All those blues together are gorgeous! Love the back, too!

Linda said...

Lovely quilt for a boy. Great selection of blue fabrics. Bento Box design?

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

Oh wow! Love it! Have pinned for when I get some time!!!!

AJ said...

Love it Helen! Great job!

Anne Simonot said...

That is beautiful! Love love love it!