Friday, December 28, 2012

More Scrappy Squares!

An action packed day of sewing yesterday, I got all these blue squares done and just have 16 to go. I like to cut a bit to make say 30 - 40 blocks, sew those but with a third of the fabric not used, then cut some more fabric, sew another thirty and mix the first batch of fabric in with the next. That way I can keep a tab on how many blocks I have to sew, I don't want to be left with any spares! And also it mixes up the colour range, I don't want  one section of the row to be all the same floral and spots, KWIM?

So is this quilt finished with two rows of blue? Or does it need another row? It measures 56 x 56 inches. I shared a photo online last night with some quilting buddies for opinions. One vote for another row of green. Two votes for another row of blue. Three votes for leave as is and then an unexpected one vote for another row but of red! I think I like the red idea.......

8 comments:

Kucki68 said...

I think red would look great.

ruthsplace said...

I like it with the two rows of blue, but red could work.

Cindy Sharp said...

You're on a roll!

Can't see your picture...but I'm sure it is looking amazing.

Cindy Sharp said...

Oooh yeah! i can see it now. The blue is fantastic! Another row of red would make it sizzle. Great idea.

Valerie said...

I love this! The red would be awesome, but just the two rows of blue would be pretty sharp too!

Shari said...

Looking fabulous. I kind of like the idea of red - with the occasional yellow strip in the blocks. Or another row of blue with a red or yellow binding. You know it will look great whatever you decide.

Have a Happy New Year!

Shanley said...

The red is a great idea.

Wendy said...

looking great! I like the idea of red