Thursday, July 26, 2012

Pink and Purple Zig Zags.

I finished sewing the binding down for this during the recent school holidays but didn't blog it as there was so much other sewing action going on. This quilt was for a friend from school who was having her first baby, a baby girl. She had the baby on Tuesday and we went to visit her in hospital this afternoon after school. And took in her new quilt. It was joyous. New life, new parents and I had a cuddle of a two day old baby.

 
The backing was a soft Prints Charming print. A few splashes of orange amungst all that pink!

A close up of the different prints. It was a good stash busting quilt.

5 comments:

Poppyprint said...

zigzags make the best baby quilts. I love all of the prints you mixed together in this one!

Quilter Kathy said...

It's fabulous...I love it! Great prints!

ruthsplace said...

It looks amazing.

Wendy said...

what a beautiful quilt! I'm really jealous of your newborn cuddles, I do love brand new babies!

Anonymous said...

What size are the squares??