Monday, June 25, 2012

Smiling Quilting Gods!

 
I have been waiting on a parcel of thread to arrive and at last this week it turned up. (I won't rave about the company here as although the thread is beautiful and due to the strong Australian dollar, I got it at a good price, the customer service for this particular company was appalling and I doubt I would shop there again, no matter how good the dollar is!) Anyway, my lovely thread arrived and I took the pink and purple zig zag quilt out of storage and sandwiched it up ready to go this weekend.

And it is amazing what a combination of pinning together close enough, 100% cotton and a new needle can do! It's like the quilting god was smiling down on me as it all went perfectly. I started in the middle with a row of pink, used the walking foot as a guide and sewed about a cm in from the edge in the pink. A lot of turning and stopping and starting but I got to the end soon enough. Then after doing the middle pink row, I changed the thread and bobbin and did the white row on each side. Again, just a cm from the edge. Then when those four lines were done, I popped the purple thread in and did the same. Working from the middle row to the top and bottom. Once the purple was done, white was put back in the machine, then pink, then white, then purple and then white! Bit time onsuming but effective. Simple quilting for this one, I want it to have a soft drap and not be quilted too heavily.

 
And I have these blocks to post in the mail as part of the Flickr Bee. These are for Laura, she wanted off white, white, cream backgrounds only with different prints on them. I had a limited range in the stash but I think these fit the bill for Laura!

No comments: