Wednesday, September 14, 2011

WIP Wednesday - Miss W's Wedding Quilt Part 3

I have finished sewing all the red borders around Miss W's wedding quilt. I was waiting and waiting for one little girl to come back to school so she could write her name next to her drawing. But she has been a no show and so I got one of the other girls to write "by Eleanor" on her behalf. It's looking great! I just want to sew another 2 inches of red around it and then I'll start quilting it. Better hurry up as school finishes on the 3oth, I'd like the class to give it to her sometime that last week!

This is one of my favorite blocks. Alice is an indigenous girl, a mop of black curls on her head and the shyest smile. She was the wisest eyes of a 6 year old that I know. I think she has seen more than a 6 year old should see.

On a closing note, thank you all for the lovely thoughts and comments about Charlie. It was very touching to read them. And I do apologize not to replying to comments on that post. I usually try too, but..... you know. Thank you though. x

6 comments:

Laura said...

Such a lucky teacher! I love it!

Poppyprint said...

The sashings look marvelous!!! What a special gift. It's so strange to think of your kids finishing school when mine just started last week. What's the time frame of your break? Seems really long if you go all the way past Christmas?

Purple Quilter Queen said...

What a great gift. I know she will treasure it always! Jenn

Cille said...

What a thoughtful gift. I think it's something she will treasure forever.

Shari said...

What a very special quilt! The sashing does look great and I just know this will be treasured for a long long time!

carol said...

What a lucky teacher! And what a marvelous gift! She will be "over the moon" when she gets it! I bet you can hardly wait, huh?