Sunday, May 01, 2011

Lake Argyle Swim.

We interrupted the sewing for a few days out here, as the big weekend was here. The Lake Argyle Swim. Daz and a team of 3 fellow teachers were competing in the 10km team swim across Australia's largest body of fresh water, Lake Argyle. That little orange buoy in the distance on the right? That is the 1km to go mark.

We went up the Friday before and camped at the Resort to soak up the view and the atmosphere. The view is just stunning!

Hanging at the beautiful infinity pool at the caravan park before the big day. Such a tough life being on holiday's up in the Kimberley!

The swimmer doing a few laps warming up for the big day.

Waiting at the boat ramp.

The cheering squad by the boat ramp.

And later over that day, over the finishing line they go! They swam in 5 minute stints during the race but for the last 30 meters, they all jumped out the boat and swam across together.

And he got a medal/coaster saying he survived the swim! Does he look happy or what?

We spotted a croc on the way home while crossing over the bridge to Spillway Creek. Krista, this photo is just for you!! Glad it was on the way home, would have been a bad omen if we spotted it going there! There are crocs in Lake Argyle but the swimmers were in the middle of the lake, so safe enough. So it was a great weekend, Daz is keen to do it all again next year!

Quick question of the day. When I was at SIT, I got several comments about how people loved the photos of the scenery up here and what we did out and about. Which was lovely. I know I live in an amazing part of Australia that not many people get to experience. So I love to share that. My question is, do I share too much or just the right amount?

11 comments:

Maria Wallin said...

I think you share just the right amount =) I love to pop over to your blog and see the photos of your fantastic part of your amazing country mixed in with your beautiful creations!

Bailey said...

I love the scenery pictures as well, definitely not too many!!

Anonymous said...

I love the pics too! You live in such a fantastic part of the world and it's great to see some pictures of it.

Valerie said...

Share more! Your area is incredibly beautiful and, sadly, is a place that I'll likely never experience first hand...

Poppyprint said...

Just the right amount!!! I just love your beautiful scenery photos. I like knowing what my friends do besides quilt and since I love travel, too, seeing your pics makes me want to visit really badly.

Thanks for the croc photo - do you imply that the crocs don't swim in deep water? They only hang out around the shore? Yikes! Congratulations to Daz and his team - that sounds like something I would love to do as long as there is someone on 'croc-watch' in a nearby boat!

Sue said...

I love seeing the area you live in, and the adventures you go on.

Jackie @ Fred-and-Cissy said...

I love your photos!

AJ said...

Congratulations Daz and the team! I love seeing your part of the world!

Cindy Sharp said...

I too love to read about your adventures. Your home is very beautiful.

willow and moo said...

Just the right amount!

Mollie walked up behind me while I was looking at your blog and she said, "oh what pretty photos!"

Unknown said...

yay Daz, did the swim fin thingys help?
As for the balance, I think you have it just right.