Thursday, March 31, 2011

SIT - Day One.

It was a rainy Thursday that I boarded the plane to Darwin for the much anticipated SIT! After a restful night in Darwin it was back on another plane for Sydney!

The lovely Cass picked me up from the airport and whisked me away to join the ladies on the Friday Shopping trip. It was great to finally meet the amazing Sheridan at last! I joined them at the second stop which was the beautiful Calico and Ivy shop in Balmain. Here are some of the girls loitering on the steps! It was great to meet ladies that I have known through blogging and quilting forums and block swaps. Hello there Leah!

Inside the shop it was just beautiful, lots of colour and light.

I brought just a little bit of fabric.....

Then it was back on the bus to the Prints Charming studio. I have purchased a bit of their fabric over the years, I love their colours and designs, it was like visiting an old friend. These ladies have a dream job in their studio, a lot of hard work I know but can you imagine anything better?

They had some scrap fabric packs for sale. I purchased 3..... Not sure what I am going to sew with them. But I have them tucked away for that day when I do know!

Here is the lovely Karen holding up one of the colourful designs from Prints Charming. After seeing them in real life I wish I did sign up for the stitching session!

And here is Kylie holding up one of their dresses. Hello Kylie!

And this was hanging up. Pure inspiration. This post has taken me two days to write! I'll pop up day two of SIT next.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Helen, I wish I had signed up to go shopping on the Friday, all that yummy fabric! It was great meeting you at dinner, and hearing about your quilty life in WA!

Amy said...

Looks like a good time.

Karen said...

Not doing the stitching was my biggest regret too Helen.
Glad I was not the only one doing a cheesy photo!
Lovely to have met you at last too, after all these years!

Ineke Original said...

Wow! Just love this!
Greetings from Holland,
Ineke