Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Sewing Frenzy!

I love summer holidays! Now we are back from the "official" holiday we are all relaxing at home and I am on a sewing frenzy at the moment. Finished the pebble quilting on the pink squares quilt, binding is all pinned into place, ready to hand sew down.

Inspired by Corrie, I whipped out the jelly roll I had left over from making Ruby's quilt and sewed all the strips together in a few hours. Wolah! Quilt ready to sandwich. This one is going to her Quilts For Queensland appeal too.

And in between that I have started a new quilt. Rainbow squares. Pretty much like the pink squares but bigger and brighter, I love sewing these blocks. Picking out a centre then thinking oh yes, that would look nice framing that, sew it, then ohhhh, how about that spotty fabric? Yes, perfect, sew it!

These are my favourites so far. I'm up to purple, green and blue to go next.

But we haven't been sitting around home all the time. Have taken advantage of the rain and having our own 4WD and getting out and seeing some of the waterfalls around only in the wet season.

This one is Black Rock which we have been to a few times before. It holds a special place in my heart as it was the first place we ever visited when we came up here. Okay, back to the sewing!

7 comments:

Poppyprint said...

Are those anti-crocodile missiles the men are holding? hmmm, I think not.

Your quilties are great! I never get any quilting done in summer, good on ya for all that productivity.

Natalie said...

All beautiful Helen, but especially the jelly roll quilt, I love the fabrics in that one - such a special thing for you to do

Car said...

Love your jelly roll quilt, I did one too (well top only) also love your rainbow squares :)

Val said...

Love the quilt. Love the pics!

Samantha said...

Am so inspired by your rainbow blocks! And your vacation photos, as well... But I think quilt blocks are more likely to be in my future than Australia!

LuAnn said...

Love those bright, happy fabrics. Beautiful photos of the waterfall. It's snowing here today, so it's nice to see someplace that looks warm.

Riel Nason said...

I love your rainbow blocks. Any project that involves chossing fabrics as you go along is right up my alley! And the waterfall, lovely, much better than the icicles here! Happy Quilting!!