Friday, October 15, 2010

Blogtoberfest Day 15 - A Quilted House.

Milly's Wonky House Quilt arrived back from Kathy today. I am so pleased! It looks fantastic. Really stunning. Can't wait to show her! I'm keeping it a surprise till the end of the month for her 6th birthday.

I choose a simple swirl and stars all over pattern. In yellow thread.

The back looks as good as the front! I am sooooo glad I sent this away to be quilted.

And this one is still one of my favourite blocks. Look at the star and swirls on that light blue in the bottom left! Lovely!!! I have 6 strips from my Kona Jelly Roll in different shades or red which I am going to use for the binding. Just have to do it all at night while Miss Milly is asleep!

12 comments:

AJ said...

STUNNING!!!! The quilting pattern is perfect for this quilt! And at such a bargin price makes it more enjoyable!! Can't wait to hear how much Milly likes (loves!!) it!

Shari said...

What a fabulous quilt! She is just going to love it! 6 already!! I feel so lucky to have a little wonky house of my own!!

miss~nance said...

This is just goegeous.

Fellow blogtoberfest participant here and a first timer to your blog. Hoping to get around to all blogs. Would love you to visit mine - I have just put up a giveaway post http://missnance.blogspot.com/

Gail

Unknown said...

This is just a fabulous quilt!! The house and the quilting, just gorgeous!!

Cass said...

Looks great Helen

Angie said...

This is such a great quilt! The quilting design is fun :)

Terrie Sandelin said...

What a gorgeous quilt! I love how bright and happy it is -- great quilting on it as well.

Lisa said...

awesomeness!!!

Poppyprint said...

That red house is my fav, too **wink**!! It turned out so wonderfully, I bet she will flip her lid when you give it to her! I love it so much for little girl - not too girly, not too grown up. Just right in the middle. Well done Mom!

Sarah Craig said...

Love love love that quilting! Those stars are so cute!! I've got to try that.... Did you do it yourself? And if so, did you draw the stars on first?

Sherry said...

Love this quilt! The quilting is just perfect for this quilt. Thanks for sharing.

Becky said...

It looks wonderful! I am so glad to have been a part of this quilt :)