Wednesday, February 10, 2010

WIP Wednesday - DQS#8!

I have unpacked the sewing machine at last and made a late start on my dolls quilt for the Flickr DQS #8! I have the perfect partner, she just said "quilter's choice" so I thought I'd make something I would like to make. Unpacking all my quilting books last week got me reacquainted with this book and so I thought I would make a quilt based on the front cover which I love!

So I got out the girl's textas and drew up a sketch. Milly had a go at drawing it too!

Not bad for a 5 year old!

This is what I have so far. I am torn between loving it and thinking ekkk, what will my partner think!

11 comments:

wishes, true and kind said...

Oh, I LOVE it! And Milly did a great job, too! Very impressive!

Poppyprint said...

Well, I'm not your partner, but if I were, I'd say "Hey! I'm the guinea hen on the left - how did you know?" This is so fun!! Keep going! I'm just so impressed that you are organized enough to have time to create right after moving in. Way to go!

red in oz said...

Love it!

becca said...

love both your daughter's and yours! If i was your partner i'd be saying- ooh-la-la - I love it so!!

Millie said...

Well, I love it!

QuiltyBee said...

I'm not torn--loving it! (I'm in DQS8.)

Lisa said...

Helen, it's great!!!!!

Valerie said...

I've missed your postings! Glad to hear the move went well. I wrote you awhile back about your blog header -- the turning squares. My husband is an engineer by trade and AutoCaDD is second nature to him. He drew me up a 12.5" turning square and I am quite excited to get working on it. Thank you very much for the wonderful inspiration!

Gigi's Thimble said...

ooh! I love it! It is such a fun piece. Great job! The colors are fabulous!

Nancy said...

I LOVE IT! Wish I was in the swap. And your daughter's drawing is great too. You should make up hers as a quilt too.

Susan said...

I don't think I checked "quilter's choice" so it's probably not coming to me, but I sure like, like, love it! The fabrics you picked are simply the best ever!