Monday, July 21, 2008

Table Runner Wrap Up!

Well now that my table runner for the EB Quilters recent swap has arrived safely at the lovely Leah's house, I can blog it. It turned out big, a massive 18 by 54 inchs but she wrote in her preferences that her dining room table is 80 inches long by 44 wide so thought I'd be okay. She also said she liked the style of Material Obsession so this runner is based on the pattern by them called Fanciful Flowers. This pattern is in their recent book and also an old copy of Quilters Companion which is where I got it from as I hadn't won my book when I first started sewing it! I did have plans to do swirly contrast quilting in the white around the tulip but was having hassles with my tension and running out of time for the mail deadline, so I just went with some echo stitching.

And below is the lovely runner I recieved from Sandi. Pretty pastels and white stars, its lovely! Fits in perfectly with the colourful decor of our house. She enclosed stickers and pencils for the girls and chocolates for Daz and I too share, which was very sweet of her. Thanks Sandi!

8 comments:

Little Munchkins said...

I love the table runner you made. Looks gorgeous. And the one you received looks fantastic too.

Cass said...

Helen that table runner is stunning, well done. The one you received is great too

Vicki W said...

Great table runners. I really like the applique tulip block in the one you made - very nice!

Natalie said...

Love the table runner you made Helen, the colours are fantastic!

The one Sandi made for you is just lovely, very 'you' colours too!

susan said...

i adore that tulip
those dots in it are neato!!
the runner you rec'd is so pretty and pastely!
what a fun swap
i wish i had known about it before it started
thanks for nominating me!

Ruth's Place said...

Both table runners are cute, but I LOVE the one you made, the tulip is fabulous!!

Angela said...

I just found your blog through Vicki's weekly round up and just had to leave a comment, your table runner is beautiful!

Lily Mulholland said...

Aha! So she doesn't have a blog. Bugger. LOL