Wednesday, January 09, 2008

WIP Wednesday - Week 1! - More log cabins...

My first WIP Wednesday post for 2008. I'm going to start the year by working on and finishing a quilt that will be staying in our house!

Okay, this is how Grace's quilt for her bed is looking at the moment, hanging up on my felt wall. There is a little bit more hiding behind the Horn cabinet there. Initially I thought I would just sew a 3 inch border of hot pink around it and wolah, all finished. But as it has been hanging there, I thought, nope that isn't enough, it needs more.

So I fiddled around and designed the above layout. It is 31 inches across for the two centre log cabins, so I can make 4 little log cabins of 7 inches with a bit left over inbetween which I'll fill in with a strip of black or maybe the colour inbetween each of the blocks? Unsure, work that one out when I have sewn the 28 blocks needed, make that 27 as I have just done the one below to see if my measurements are correct. 27? Thats a lot of WIP Wednesday posts coming up about log cabins! You have been warned!

6 comments:

Vicki W said...

that will be a perfect border treatment!

Andrea said...

I love the look of the border Helen. Can't wait to see it all done.

Natalie said...

Oh wow Helen, this is looking amazing! Look forward to watching your progress :)

AJ said...

You are a true wonderwoman....I LOVE the ideas that pop into your head....!!

P.S did ya miss me??!!

Unknown said...

I think the border will look fabulous!I will stay tuned for more oics :-)

atet said...

I'll stay tuned for more of this one. I love the colors and can't wait to see the borders on!