Thursday, October 11, 2007

Charming Charm Squares.....

I had lovely mail awaiting me when I got home from yesterday's Mothers Group, a package of Charm Squares from the Fat Quarters Quilters. First of all I was impressed with the postage, my card got exercised on the 3rd, and they arrived from Atlanta to down town Perth in a week exactly! Takes longer for a parcel to get from Perth to Queensland, hey AJ??!

Now I must admit, I am not normally into Charm Squares but I have to whip up two lap sized quilts for Grace's kindy teachers so thought this would be a great way to go. Trouble is, I am in love with the pack above, a range called Fall Back In Time that I was going to make for Ms K, that I now am keeping it for myself! Its so unlike my usual palette of colours, but sooo yummy! I also got Christmas Past, to make a runner for. Sweet Baby Jane I got 2 packs of, as a stand by for a quick baby quilt. And lastly for Mrs KF, A Little Romance, 2 packs again. *sigh* I am in charm heaven!

7 comments:

AJ said...

Oh...drool...drool...drool...Helen they are triple drool worthy!!! What pattern are you using for your runner...I've made a few but the pattern is very simple...looking for something a bit more this year.

And yes Ozzie Post is sssslllllllloooooooooowwwwwwwwww!!!

Unknown said...

Well you may be in charm heaven but I am suffering charm envy :-( You have two of the packs I want and now I am just going to have to go and get them myself. Why is it that once someone else gets something I want I just have no more power left to restrain myself???

Lily Mulholland said...

OMG I am drooling too! I love the first one. Tempting, very tempting!

sammyjo said...

wow cool patterns love the colours

Anonymous said...

I love, love, love the Fall Back in Time. So yummy and harvesty.

Watch out for those charm packs. Very addicting. Fabric crack is what it is.

Anonymous said...

PS... I agree about Ozzy Post. My son lives in NSW and it takes a lifetime for him to receive a package from me (from the US).

Dannielle said...

Nice!

I love "Fall Back In Time"...made 3 little quilts recently using that line.

I just bought 2 of those April Cornell charm packs to make a quilt for my daughter. I can't wait to start it!