Sunday, September 23, 2007

Of all the places to fall asleep....

Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, I can't get Milly to have a day time nap cause Grace is home and its much more exciting having "quiet time" with your big sister in the lounge room. So come around Thursday and Milly is knackered! Grace has afternoon Kindy Thursday and Friday, so we rush up, drop her off, rush home, put Milly to sleep and then rush back up to pick Grace up a few hours later. Madness! Last Thursday I put Milly down, then went on the computer for awhile, it was quiet so I thought I had success. I went out to the lounge room to do some sewing, to find on the way down the hall, Milly's door was wide open without her in the room, so I checked in her favourite hiding spot and found her! She likes to play in this little nook my Horn cabinet makes when I have it pushed against the couch. So here she was complete with two teddies, her pillow and a globe, sleeping sitting up! Awwwww!

13 comments:

lolliegirl said...

Awwww Helen, that is sooo sweet! Kids manage to fall asleep in the most unusual positions. At least she had her pillow, even if she was sitting on it LOL!!

Vicki W said...

Oh, how cute! If we fell asleep in such a position we would not be able to walk or turn our head for days!

Emma said...

That's hilarious! The globe is what really does it for me. James wanted to take his bike (a wooden ride-on one) to bed for his afternoon nap one afternoon, but I drew the line!

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Bless her little cotton socks! How can that position be comfortable!?
I can remember my eldest falling asleep in a toy box with all sorts of hard edge toys poking her in the back! I guess when you are tired...you are tired!

Unknown said...

lol, that is such a cute picture (and one you will dig out when boyfriends come round to embarress her!!!). What is with the globe???? Bless her, was she checking out where to go next on her imaginary travels round the world before it all got too much, Zzzzzzz!

Corrie said...

oh that is so cute!!!!!!!!!!!!! She just wants to be near her mummy

Corrie:)

Unknown said...

hehehe, how cute! I might just have to get a magic sleeping cabinet for Will and see if it has the same effect on him. It would a good excuse to buy a horn don't you think?

Cass said...

Oh Helen that is too cute!

Lauri said...

Oh my goodness! How adorable is that?!? It's funny the way kids manage to fall asleep sometimes. I have a picture of my son (somewhere) of him sleeping half on and half off of the sofa! lol!

atet said...

Way too adorable -- I have to admit the globe and the pacifier coming out of her mouth have me cracking up!

Lily Mulholland said...

Oh this photo is even cuter than you described Helen! A keeper :)

The Wooden Spool said...

TOo cute! Wish my girls would actually take a nap anymore! Today was one of "those" days where I am totally exhausted. Off to bed!

AJ said...

TOO cute!!