Friday, March 02, 2007

Brought top verses home sewn tops.

Before you all get excitied, no I didn't make the above top! I brought it last night for Milly. Not that she really needs any more tops but...... it was just so cute! A touch of Oilily? Not a brand I am usually a fan of, bit too busy some of their designs, but at $14 for this top? Who could resist? The butterfly has bits of ribbon and sequins sewn on it.

Finally finished off these two tops below for the girls. It was the button holes that held me up. I have an auto buttonhole maker foot for my machine so sewing the actual button hole is no hassle, just the time to get around and do it! Tweaked this design so it sits better on Milly, fits her perfectly. I really like this pink print, good thing as I still have like 3 metres left, despite this being the fifth item of clothing I have made from it!

And for Grace's. I used some more of my green op shop fabric. I don't think green is her colour though, she looks a bit washed out in it in real life. I like the feel of this fabric and the way it falls but its a bugger to work with, It has pulled in two sections on the back bodice from me sewing in the button holes. Its just too fragile for my patience. Sticking to new fabric from now on.

8 comments:

Cass said...

Love all the tops Helen

Andrea said...

Love those tops Helen. It looks like a great pattern. I love the bought one too but nothing beats a top made with love by mummy.

Unknown said...

really pretty tops. great job!

Natalie said...

All beautiful tops Helen, I'm sure you could make a lovely version of the first one too!

AJ said...

Way to go Helen....still hanging out for me to have little girls to sew for...Love the Pink on Miss Milly....a perfect match to the pants!!

Little Munchkins said...

Very nice! I like them both and they look great on Milly and Grace.

Anonymous said...

Helen these are fabulous!

Samantha said...

Love both the store bought and homemade tops!!