Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Milly's Shirring Top

Well, with so much focus being on Grace and the big upcoming day on Thursday I decided to finish this top for Milly today. Daz had his car serviced today, so he had to take my car so we were home alone, stranded! I actually did the shirring for this yonks ago, possibly before Christmas? And it has sat on the shelf to be finished since then. Today I actually mastered my rolled hem foot as it all worked perfectly for a change! The straps are just rolled hemmed then sewn on, must say I like them a bit thicker this time. Just had to post this pict too..... she is so her daddy's girl, same matching chessy grins for the camera!

5 comments:

Natalie said...

Fantastic job Helen! I love the fabric, Milly's smile is just adorable and yep, she definitely has her Daddy's cheeky smile.

Little Munchkins said...

Love the top too! I made one similar for DD a while back, just a few rows of shirring but I used ribbons for the straps. Love the matching cheesy grins too :)

Anonymous said...

Your such a beautiful girl Milly. Luv Aunty Add xxx

Suz said...

This looks great. I really like the wider straps, especially with that fabric, and I love the colour (purple is my favourite). Cute grins too!

Cass said...

Helen, the tops looks great and so does Milly. Love the pick with Darren - very cute.