Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Millys Party Frock!


Well I finally finished Millys birthday party frock! I know I said a new posts back I was going to use that lovely Alexander Henry fabric but I had a change of heart. Thought I'd do a trial one before using the "good" fabric but I think this one came out quite nicely and she'll be wearing this on the big day next week!

I altered the pattern with the tier width, took 2 inches off the top and bottom tier. And for the back of the halter neck bodice, it said to insert two lengths of elastic but I decided to do 6 rows of shirring instead. The ribbon could have been tied tighter around her neck for these shots but her curls got in the way, I didn't want to put her off wearing it! She loves it though, twirls around and keeps patting it. Look at that expression on her face below, "As if your going to get this dress off me Mum!" Can't believe she's 2 next week.......

10 comments:

Marie said...

What a princess. Happy birthday Milly.

Natalie said...

What a gorgeous dress!!!! Love the colour combination, just adorable. Hope you have a wonderful birthday Milly!!

Belinda said...

That is so gorgeous! The tiered skirt looks like it 'works' well, lots of twirl in it! Great job Helen.

Julie said...

Oooohhhhh it is just lovely!! Great job. Your little one looks very cute wearing it and I'm glad for you she doesn't want to take it off!

Little Munchkins said...

That looks really lovely Helen. Glad that your little princess is happy to wear it :)

Cass said...

Oh Helen it looks beautiful. I love that you shirred instead of using the elastic (you are in love with shiring LOL - I just wish it always worked for me too). Happy Birthday to Milly for next week.

Unknown said...

Wow, it's fabulous! I have been thinking of trying something similar but couldn't find a pattern. Can I ask which pattern you used?

Andrea said...

That is absolutely adorable Helen, you have done an amazing job! I love the colour combos too.
Happy birthday to Milly for next week, can't wait to see the party shots!

Leah said...

That is simply divine! Oh, and the dress is great too ;)...
Happy Birthday Miss Milly!

Kylie said...

Helen, the dress is georgous and I love Milly's expressions (priceless)
Kylie