Saturday, October 03, 2009

Day 3 of Blogtoberfest - A Strippy Table Runner.

Since I finished this quilt here I had a pile of strips just too good to donate to Matilda's kindy as I tend to do with some scraps. And I was thinking of sewing a few table runners for Christmas pressies, so decided to use them in a strip type of block.

I printed out some squares with 1 inch diagonal lines going across as a guide and then just sewed away.

I was thinking 4 blocks, but had enough to make 6.

Sewn together it looks something like this. Hmmmm, not grabbing me with excitement, but looking okay for a quick project. Hopefully will sandwich it tomorrow and then exercise the walking foot. Thats about the only exercise that does get done by me in this house!

4 comments:

wishes, true and kind said...

I love leftover strips. Oh, the possibilities. Sometimes when I'm cutting fabric for a project, I'll just cut a few strips as well to add to the strip basket.

Shari said...

This is very fresh and bright. I love using strips this way... So far so good with Blogtoberfest!

thehummingcat said...

I got up at 6am and went for a one hour 20 minute walk up and down hills, along the beach, across the foreshore...came home via the Dome for a coffee.
V noice TR.

Emma said...

Exercising your walking foot - Love it! If I could only count its steps towards the 10,000/day, I'm sure I'd get there every day!