Friday, July 31, 2009

Honey Bun Quilt Finished!

I finished hand sewing down the binding of this little quilt which I have named the Honey Bun Quilt. I'm happy with it for a quick baby quilt.

I just simply quilted down each side of the seam. Can't really tell here but it was done in a verigated yellow.

Backing was just a yellow spotty fabric.

And here is the artistic drapped across the chair shot with Daz studying in the background. Week 2 of semester two already! Pretty bunch of flowers hey? He came home with them earlier this week after a lunch time call from me moaning that I couldn't open a paint tin at the old house and was over it. Ahhh, he's a keeper!

Congratulations to Hedgehog in faraway beautiful Finland who won the giveaway. She wrote that my mini was the source of inspiration for her mini here. How cool is that?

Thanks for all the lovely comments. It has been a great 3 years of blogging, meet lots of lovely people along the journey. bring on the next year hey?

7 comments:

Mark said...

I love your honey bun quilt, so simple but so funky and cute!

Sue said...

That's gorgeous!

Cass said...

I love it Helen especially being modelled by Daz

Meredith said...

Everything about this post makes me want to give you a hug Helen - from the beautiful quilt and its gorgeous name to the way you love your husband and providential way someone who inspired you won your giveaway.

Thanks for a heartwarming read.

Lucy said...

This is absolutely gorgeous, I am yet to attempt the art of quilt making but every time I see something like this I'm both inspired and scared! haha it looks amazing! Good luck for future endeavors!

Lucy.

Unknown said...

Love your honey bun quilt! I need to try one of those :)

Unknown said...

YAY, it's mine! Well really Kittys, but I am calling it mine.
Thank you so much Helen. We love it and it will be very treasured.