Monday, July 06, 2009

A quilt from Kriszta.

Woweeee! My dolls quilt from Kriszta for our KQI Swap arrived today all the way from Budapest! It is absolutely stunning, I was speechless when opening the package except for the oh oh oh ohhhhhh's! The "rules" were roughly one house or log cabin block, one star block, colour of recipients choice and something 3D. See that little cute car above? Its a button, thats the 3D element! The photo's don't do this little quilt justice, the colours in real life are so soft. It is more a work of art than a dolls quilt.

Her detail is amazing. The swing on the tree, the verigated thread star.

The cobblestone quilting......

Here is the back. I took this one without the flash so the quilting could be easily seen.

And these sweet little wonky houses with their TV antenna's basking in the moonlight! I want to live in the pink house, imagine the view!

Thank you so much Kriszta, it is truelly beautiful. I love it! A great swap. Are we ready for the next round?

14 comments:

AJ said...

WOW WOW WOW!!!

That is stunning Helen! You are sooooo lucky!! The colours are beautiful and I love the high rises!

Little Munchkins said...

Absolutely amazing! I love it and I agree it is a work of art indeed.

Meredith said...

That is REALLY gorgeous. I can't wait to see it in real life. Well done to Kriszta.
Mxx

Kicsoda said...

Helen, your pictures are so great:-) I am so glad you liked it!!!!

willywagtail said...

What a geneous lady to give such a detailed piece of work away. You are very lucky.

Kris said...

what a lucky duck you are! That is just gorgeous!

Hedgehog said...

Wow! Amazing. Love the fabrics. The design. The idea. Love.

Sue said...

oh.my.goodness!!

That is AMAZING!!

Unknown said...

OH my! You are a lucky duck!! This is amazing! I love all the little details and the soft colors - beautiful! Did she hand dye the fabrics??

GloJoeSews said...

Wow, that's so lovely! The houses look handpainted. Lucky you!

Anonymous said...

You know, before I even started reading, I looked at the first picture and said. "Oh! Oh! Oh. Oh."

I think that's about all I can say. What an amazing work of art.

Lily Mulholland said...

Oh lucky you. It's just beautiful. I love the painting and the quilting details. Just gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful!

Helen said...

Hi Helen

just catching up on your blog. This quilt is lovely, LOVELY!