Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Placemat Quilt from Colleen.

I signed up for the Placemat Mini Quilt Swap on Flickr last month and was a bit worried that with the move and everything.... well I wasn't worried that it would get lost as I have the upmost faith in the Australian Post system as (touch wood) no fabric purchased or swaps sent and recieved have ever gone missing. I guess I was worried that it was just going to a new address. But my worries were completely unfounded as I had my first squishy parcel arrive from the lovely Colleen!

She sent me lots of goodies too. Some cool "sporks" for the girls, some fabric, some sweet little salad servers and a magazine (which was in my room at the time of the photo being read!) All wrapped up with white tissue and a green and white polka dot ribbon with a cute card. Thank you so much Colleen, you have spoilt me! The best thing in the package is the placemat though, it is just beautiful. I love Kaffee's fabric and the black and white polka dot binding just frames it. I love it!

I'm not going to use it as a placemat, it's too lovely, I'll add it to my dolls quilt collection. But here is just one action shot. Homemade hamburgers and a beer!

5 comments:

Little Munchkins said...

The placemat is gorgeous!

P/S : The burger is making me hungry.

maria said...

Very pretty. Lucky you.

Cass said...

Looks great Helen, love the action shot!

Julie @ Jaybird Quilts said...

looks great!! and in use already!!

Natalie said...

Wow what a stunning placemat!