Thursday, July 16, 2009

Placemat Mini Quilt Sent!

Now that Colleen has received her placemat mini quilt from the flickr swap, I can blog it. I used my new walking foot which was a dream.

I just did a straight stitch, around each square and a line of stitching joining the rows together. Each line started and stopped over where the binding was to be, so no loose threads to tie in!

I made two, one for her and one for me.

This one I kept. I wasn't happy with the white space on the far left of the bottom two rows. I should have moved the second row down so it was inbetween them. Oh well, I was going for the modern randomness of space.

And this one was sent to Colleen. She has pinned it to her noticeboard at work. Check out her photo here!

10 comments:

Andi said...

They are both great.
Love the warm colours!!!
Andi :-)

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

They are both beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Absolutely love the colors. Beautiful, both of them!

Anonymous said...

Love them both! I don't know how to say this without possibly offending you, but I can see so much growth and progress in your quilting since I first started reading your blog. It has been wonderful to watch.

(You know I mean that in a good way, right?)

AJ said...

I actually like yours better Helen...orientated like in the first photo! Would look great with a bowl of oranges/lemons on it on the table!

Natalie said...

Fantastic job again Helen! I love the colours, nice and warm

Julie @ Jaybird Quilts said...

orange is my favorite color and i love these!!! and i like the one with the lots of white.. makes it off beat!

Lily Mulholland said...

Nice work Helen. I see you are still getting some mileage out of that SL FF orange fabric!! Me too!

smoothiejuice's hectichousehold said...

great job, these are lovely...so cute!

2ndAvenueStudio-Rachel said...

I love those placemats!
love them!