Thursday, October 08, 2009

Day 8 of Blogtoberfest - Louise's Blocks.


I have finished Louise's blocks for this months round of the Around The Block Swap. Such pretty fabric she sent, it felt like spring sewing these! She asked for improvised log cabins or square in square blocks. I hope you like these Louise. I tried to keep the warmer reds, oranges, yellow, hot pinks in one and then the cooler greens and yellows in the other.

Seems that Homespun has hit the newsagent, I haven't got my copy in the mail yet and am a bit nervous about going down to the newsagent and buying one. Nervous but excited! I'll do it today, my Mum will make me. Thank you for the messages and emails saying congratulations and if you have arrived at my blog as a result of the article, a big hello and welcome to you. :)

7 comments:

Shari said...

Good job so far on keeping up with a blog a day! I can't even get on the computer every day! Loved your wadding tutorial - it's so real and we've all been there! And the variety for your houses - cute!

The Zig Zag Festival looks like it attracted quite a crowd - glad the weather was good for it. I live not far from there - but at the bottom. We are usually in church Sunday mornings - but we said we will try to go next year...

Cheers! Shari

Andi said...

Stunning fabric selection. You've done a nice job with them too.
Andi :-)

One Flew Over said...

Love your blocks Helen!

wishes, true and kind said...

Those are very pretty blocks! Go, Blogtoberfest!

Stephanie Hughes said...

love the fabric colors, I picked out something like this today. This is beautiful! Thanks, Stephanie from Maryland

Little Munchkins said...

I love those blocks. The colours are fantastic.

Pssst - I got the Homespun!

AJ said...

Nice Helen!