Friday, October 09, 2009

Day 9 of Blogtoberfest - Bye Bye Birdie.

Today was the day! I received the magazine in the post. I'll admit I saw the article yesterday. We went up to my folks house and walked up the shops to get a copy. Mum and I stood in this little tiny news agency and Mum started squealing as I flicked to the page, Milly is pulling on my top going "Mum! Mum! What is it?" I showed her and she goes "How did you get in a magazine?" How indeed Miss Matilda?!

So here's the main spread. My eye first went to that little bubbled bit on the bottom left. I pointed it out to Daz this morning and he said "What bubble bit?" and I wonder if I hadn't of mentioned it, would you have noticed? I did have trouble with my walking foot at the end and in real life it isn't as noticeable as here. Me being fussy I suppose. Otherwise I think the layout looks fantastic! Homespun took the photo, I sent the quilt to them for all the shots.

And here is the bit about me. I sent a selection of quilt photo's over, they got to choose which ones. I'm quite chuffed they choose the doll quilt I made for Tine in DQS#5 and my placemat swap with Sarah. My blogging buddies are a great support to me and I am thankful to have meet lots of lovely ladies along the way that have become friends. You know who you are!

Here is Daz holding up the creased masterpiece.

And here is the back. I was quite pleased with the back. Great way to use up extra strips.

And to complete the mail, my parcel from equilter arrived. The Aussie dollar is so strong in the US at the moment, seems a shame not to go shopping. More swirly fabric. Have no idea what I will sew with this, add it to the stash.

18 comments:

AJ said...

Congratulations Helen...I am so pleased and proud! You deserve this! Your quilts are wonderful and should be shared with the world!

Makes me want to go to the fabric containers and start pulling them out to make this treasure!

Thanks for being a great quilting and blogging buddy!

I hope to see lots more puplished from you over the next few (10!!) years!

The Calico Cat said...

CONGRATS!

Emma said...

Congratulations; enjoy! It looks wonderful and I can't wait to get my copy. Maybe I shoud get Ads to bring an autographed copy when she comes!

Little Munchkins said...

Congratulations Helen! I too squealed at the shop when I saw your quilt. And I also told the lady at the counter I 'knew' you!

Jenny said...

Congratulations. You must be so proud. I think your quilt looks fabulous...i see no bubbles!

dutchcomfort said...

Congratulations!

Love your Birdie quilt. Love everything birdie!

I hope my copy will arrive in the mail very soon!

Sarah said...

how exciting! congratulations!

Sue said...

Congratulations, it looks fantastic! Love that quilt!

Kali said...

Helen I love your little quilt in Homespun and can't wait to make my own version of it. You have a new avid follower in me cos I love your work.

byneedleandthread said...

this is so exciting!!!!!! congrats!!!

Car said...

Congratulations Helen! Well done on getting your first quilt published :)

I picked up a copy of the magazine yesterday and will be having a read later today armed with coffee & cake ;)

lzilulu said...

Oh! My! Goodness! I bought my copy of Homespun two days ago.....had a flick through and marked only one article that I thought "MUST get back to that one"....and guess what, I just booted up my PC and started checking my over 300 Bloglines *gulp* and here it is.....I mean, I feel I "know" the creator of my favourite project in the current copy of Homespun :) Congratulations!!
cheers
lzilulu

Shari said...

Congratulations! I picked up a copy yesterday (Friday). Your little project is just what I need at the moment - thanks!

Lily Mulholland said...

Woot Helen! So excited for you. I am going to buy it today. Love the look of the whole article. A huge well done!

becanne said...

Congrats - I haven't bought Homespun for a loooonnnggg time but think I will search out this one. I'd actually drawn up a litle sketch of that quilt after the first time I saw it, but now I can get the pattern!
I'm really glad they put in a pic of those geese - that's on of my very favourite quilts.

Unknown said...

Congratulations Helen! How exciting! The quilt looks fantastic, and how amazing must you feel to be published! Woohoo! I also think it is great they published your flying geese. Straight away you can see it is yours.

wishes, true and kind said...

Congratulations!!! And I love the quilt. It looks amazing!

Helen said...

Hi Helen

I just purchased this issue of Homespun this week and, since I have been such a slack blog reader and didn't know you were going to be published in it, I got a lovely surprise when I realised whose quilt it was. Congratulations, and no, I didn't notice the bubble in the quilting until you mentioned it :-)