Wednesday, June 04, 2008

WIP Week 19 - The Start of the Swaps!

Well at the moment I have more swaps on than I can count on one hand! Some dolls quilt swaps, a table runner swap, the Round Robin and a baby block swap. Its all happening in my sewing room at the moment! Luckily I have my machine back from the sewing machine hospital! But funnily enough I'm in the groove with the little Elna and haven't packed it up yet, so dispite me having my newly serviced machine for over 24 hours, I haven't yet got it out the case and used it!

This is what I have been working on for the last few days. Been flicking through my new Jan Mullen book and getting some inspiration on wonky blocks! I'm loving using white at the moment, makes the colours look crisp. After doing these blocks, got thinking what about using a multi colour print?

So pulled out this fabric which I have had for awhile, don't know who made it. Its beautiful but I have no idea what I would put with it to match it, so perfect to cut up into smaller bits! I have a slight faint memory that Cass may have sent it to me on another swap. Cass? Ring and bells for you?

And this is what I have sewn so far. Sort of a crazy 4 patch in the middle, bit of court house steps and then the start of a star? I'm not saying which swap it is for as that would spoil the suprise of a swap, wouldn't it? Getting there....

9 comments:

Cass said...

Doesn't ring a bell for me, Helen but I like so I'll happy claim the kudos for sending it to you LOL

AJ said...

Cute Helen...You are right about the white...lovely crispness!! Love those Greens too...you have given me a few ideas!!

Milly said...

Ok is any of those are for the table runner swap then its already putting my table runner shame. And I havent even started it yet!

Sarah said...

love these wonky blocks!

Anonymous said...

these are all great, but I truly love the last one

Sheridan said...

I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed with swaps too! I really love what you are doing. I should try and be more adventurous. Thanks for the WIP shots.

Belinda said...

Ahhh more swaps. I am loving the white at the moment too, really makes the colours stand out.

Gorgeous!

Unknown said...

Oh Helen, I have that fabric in the brown. I think it is Micheal Miller or maybe Alexander Henry. I made Lottie a twirl skirt with it.

And I have to say I am loving those green trees! They look so fresh and lovely on the white background.

Ginger said...

I was meandering through the side bar for the 4 Seasons Swap... love your blocks. I am really into the white thing at the moment too!