Sunday, June 08, 2008

Baby L's Quilt Finished.

This quilt arrived at its destination over the opposite side of our big wide brown country last week, so I can safely blog it now. A quilt for a baby boy who is now 5 weeks old, we'll refer to him as Baby L. I really enjoyed sewing this one, must have been the white fabric, just looked so crisp and fresh. Total impractical for a baby boy, especially the third boy in the family! But the Mum has told me she has hung it in their room, so that would look cool.


It was the perfect size to just sit on top of a single bed, as I discovered when I took these photos on Milly's bed. The slice and dice blocks ended up being 8 inches square and there is a 2 inch sashing between the blocks, and a 3 inch border around. I wrote all the measurements down for next time as I would like to make this again, maybe for Milly's bed. In pinks and purples again with the white. Add it to the list hey.


15 comments:

AJ said...

Lovely Helen...it would look great on a wall!!

Your girls are sooo cute!!

brazen's crafts said...

taht would look amazing hung on a little boy's bedroom wall!!!

Cass said...

Looks great Helen and the girls look pretty happy with it too

Jessica said...

I love the quilt~
did it come from a pattern or is it your own design?

Sheridan said...

It looks just gorgeous, what a lovely job you did. That must be one very happy Mum!

Lily Mulholland said...

Nice work Helen - it does look fresh and modern. The girls look like you'd better be making TWO more!

Lisa said...

beautiful! love the star quilting! very cute girls!!!!!!!!!

jacquie said...

love, love love the colors. I love this technique too! Makes a stunning quilt.

Anonymous said...

this is adorable! I love the pattern.

Unknown said...

Oh WOW! I love this Helen! The contrast against the white is lovely.

Emma said...

Great quilt, Helen! Fresh and dramatic and very effective!

Mom said...

love it.
what size is the white within the blocks?

Stacey said...

I love this quilt. The green just pops right out!

susan said...

it looks great and the girls look so cute under it!!

Sarah Craig said...

Hi! Just came across this quilt on someone's inspiration wall and wondered if you would mind sharing how you did the blocks? Such a cute quilt!!