Monday, June 30, 2008

A Quilted Wonky Goose!

I am enjoying working on this. Am enjoying the colours. So may have gone overboard in the amount of photos in this post. Just a warning!

I very gingerly cut the side of this strip and placed it over the squares and blanket stitched it on immediately! I was worried it would unfray. I always worry about that, hence the little scraps of fabric at the end of the stitching. Whats that called again? Leaders and headers?? Anyway, notice I have pinned the strip in place with the new flower head flat pins purchased at the recent craft fair, very nice pins! How have I survived so long with out flat head pins?

So with one side done, I then cut off the other, not so scared this time! And then straight onto the fun part, quilting little wavy echo lines on each side, up and down, up and down, up and down! Some close ups of the waves, in white, of course.



And this is what it looks like in its whole. Its quite stiff which isn't suprising with all that quilting. All I can see when I look at it is the green fabric with the white swirls, that maybe stands out a bit much.... Not unpicking it now! Now to bind it and actually move onto the quilt for the swap. This is all still testing the waters. Or rather an excuse for myself to have a little mini quilt too.

7 comments:

Tine said...

It looks so great! Absolutely amazing!

Vicki W said...

I love it!

jacquie said...

Great job, such a creative idea.

Emma said...

Looks great! I bought some flat-headed pins a few months ago and don't use my others at all any more. The fine ones are great too, where a normal one would leave a hole mark.

Lily Mulholland said...

Helen this is one groovy mini-quilt! Ooooh flat head pins - I think I need me some of them!

Unknown said...

Love it, love it, love it! Hmmmm, flat head pins sound good...

Samantha said...

that is stunning. And, I can't even remember life before flat head pins! LOL!