Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Rainbow Wonky Flying Geese

I have finished 2 rows out of 4 of my wonky flying rainbow geese. They look good, just one slight problem that I didn't notice till I was up too the first of the blue triangles. See how above they aren't quite the same height? Can you work out what happened? Which colour did I miss on one of them?

The orange! 4th triangle from the bottom, opps! Missed it! But the funny thing is, the colours still run quite smoothly, you can't really tell its missing unless it was next to the other one. On the two rows I have still to sew, I am only up to the third triangles so I could sew these two the same and have a pair of 16 flying geese and a pair of 17!

9 comments:

Milly said...

mmmm mmmm very nice. I relly think I am going to have to try foundation piecing one day soon.

Unknown said...

I love the way these look. I've always wanted to try flying geese, but have been too scared - maybe foundation piecing them is the way to go.

Tine said...

It is so very beautiful!

Lily Mulholland said...

First off - these are looking oh so fab! And second, they're meant to be wonky, so why not have not-quite-matching pairs? Don't change a thing, I reckon!

Oh and I am thinking simple cross-hatching on my quilt is the way to go - too busy otherwise! So thanks for the suggestion!

Lisa K. said...

I'd just add another purple on top and call it "even wonkier flying geese!"

I love this.

Lisa K. said...

GREEN! I should have written "green" not "purple" above!

Not Lucy said...

You could always have the short row on one side and have that orange one flying off in the border. He's a loner, that one!

jacquie said...

This is turning out so cute. I think the left out orange is a hoot. Makes a great story for the quilt!

The Calico Cat said...

Love those flying geese - I have been watching them on flickr!