Thursday, June 19, 2008

Mini Wonky Geese block.

I was sitting there last night working on the second strip of wonky geese when I ran out of white fabric! I have a whole metre uncut of white and I thought the dots were the same size, but on closer inspection, realized that they aren't! Bugger! And here I was thinking I was so clever using up all my scraps of white. So I have turned this into a little mini quilt, its only 5 by 6 inches here. Perfect for a next swap maybe?! I have pulled out more fabric as the next ones I sew I'm going to a rainbow gradiation. The plan is to sew 2 quilts, one for me, one for my partner. One in the yellow, orange, red then one in a rainbow.

And I just had to blog this, it came home yesterday in Grace's bag. It was on display done for Mother's Day, a portait of their Mum and what she means to them. "Mummy likes to do sewing. She makes lovely quilts." Awwww, thanks Gracie!

8 comments:

Kelly said...

That's a cute mini quilt. I think I have the yellow spotted fabric, it was one of my favourites :0)

Cass said...

Helen, Grace's painting is so cute. Love the mini quilt too

Anonymous said...

I love your wonky geese!

Tine said...

So cute! That's a lucky swapper next month!
The idea of a rainbow one is great!

Emma said...

I love the wonky geese, Helen! I'm looking forward to the rainbow.

Lucie said...

Your wonky geese quilt just blew me away. Wish I was your partner. Sigh

Leah said...

Cool Quilt! I love the colours. Talented bug you are ;)

AJ said...

Awww Gracie....you are such a sweetie!! You are very right too...your mummy does make lovely quilts!!