Wednesday, June 25, 2008

WIP Wednesday Week 22 - Stippling a Lemonade Quilt.

I finished this quilt top how many weeks back? Ummmmm, 7 weeks ago. Today I had the best of intentions to sew together my three 18 inch blocks for my table runner swap, sandwich it and quilt it as Wednesday is Wonderful Wednesday in this house! Grace at school, Milly in FDC, no shifts at work for me, a glorious 5 hours of sewing freedom.

But when I went to gather up all the things to sandwich my runner, I realized all my pins where in the above quilt top, all sandwiched and ready to quilt. So what to do? Take out all the pins or just sit down and start to quilt this one instead? *sigh* I quilted this one, all over stipples with swirly lovehearts thrown in occassionally. I have about another 40 minutes to do then its ready for the binding. I'm thinking lime green or red. Lime green might go better with the yellow backing....

11 comments:

Cass said...

Helen that looks great

Little Munchkins said...

Oooh I love it! I think this might be one of my favourites. Love the bright colours with the contrasting white. Just beautiful.

Emma said...

I love the fresh, summery colours - pity it's winter!

Tine said...

I love your quilt! Followed your link and saw the full patchwork-top, and it is so pretty! Good for you to finish it. It would be such a shame to let something that beautiful become a UFO :-)

AJ said...

I wish I could quilt like that...want to pop over here for a lesson??

I'd go with a red binding...Make those strawberries stand out...???....maybe.... :)

Belinda said...

A vote here for the Lime Green binding. It looks fantastic!

Unknown said...

Another vote for the lime green, I think it would suit the lovely fresh colours.

Lily Mulholland said...

Helen it's beautiful!!! And you've used the Strawberry Lemonade fabrics too. Go for lime!

susan said...

ooo so pretty cant wait to see it finished
you will be so happy once it is done!! i love the lemonade line!!

Tanaya said...

So cheery!

I have a stippling question for you. Do you randomly stipple or does your machine have a stipple stitch?

If it has a stipple stitch, do you do it in rows or still random or...???

Helen said...

i am - Ohhhh a stippling stitch would be lovely! But no,my machine doesn't have one, just a random stipple from me with lottttttts of practise!