Wednesday, June 18, 2008

WIP Wednesday, Week 21 - Foundation Flying Wonky Geese!

I have been in a sewing rut the last week, all I seem to be sewing is stuff for swaps, which I normally love doing but it just feels that I am sewing to other peoples colour choices and styles, rather than my own and am feeling a bit over it. Don't mean to say I don't enjoy the challenge of a swap, just that I want to sew something for me!

But I felt better yesterday when I posted 3 swap things out. Joy's Round Robin is now on the way to AJ. Emma has some green and white blocks heading her way. And Ellen has the mini quilt heading her way! So that only leaves 3 swaps to go. Two dolls quilts and a table runner. So which one do I start on now? The one that isn't due to be posted till August, the flickr dolls quilt swap. My partner has given me open preferences and we have similar taste in colours, so I am going to do something I would like.

I had a google search for foundation peicing after seeing Ad's very nice flying geese the other day. I've never done foundation peicing, time to give it a go. I found this version of wonky flying geese, called Chasing Geese and thought hmmmm, yellow to red with white. (I can't get the link to go on the actual page the pattern is on, you'll have to scroll to page 4 if you are interested.) I used all scraps except for the orange and white swirl fabric. I had to cut into a new FQ for that! This is one block done. It wasn't as tricky as I thought it would be and am happy with the result. Perhaps this is all I need to get out of that rut? Now to go sew 4 more......

10 comments:

Tanaya said...

I really, really love this!

the girl said...

This is great! Was this a pattern you purchased, or were you able to print it off of the internet?

Lisa said...

Love those wonky geese? Can you share your source?

AJ said...

Share Helen!! I love these!!

Helen said...

Sharing now! Editied the post to include the link! I did mean to when I started posting but got bogged in my rut. :)

Not Lucy said...

These are great! Glad I followed the link - when I looked at all the pages I found a hot air balloon pattern that i can use in my new grandchild's quilt to help add variety.

You did a great job on your first paper piecing. It really isn't that hard you just have to think a little differently. I am really starting to enjoy it and I used to really dislike it but I forced myself to do more and it grew on me.

susan said...

thanks for the link, it is an awesome block!i am off to go check it out
glad you are out of your swap rut!

fi said...

love the geese, great colors!i know what you mean about all the swaps!speaking of which i would be soooo greatfull if you could share the codes for the buttons.dqs4, fsqs, mini 6-12''thanksyou so much in advance :)

Tine said...

Great flying geese, and looking at the pattern (thanks for the link), these actually look doable! Amazing...

jacquie said...

Thanks for sharing this pattern source! I might use this for my Katie Jump rope squares. I love yours. It's beautiful!