Sunday, June 22, 2008

Table Runner Sneek Peak.....

Amungst all my newly found skills in the joys of foundation peicing (ha ha!) I have been working on my runner for the Table Runner swap. Above is a sneek peak. I think if I post more detail or talk about it any more, my swapee will click it is her and that will spoil the suprise. Looks a bit like a puppy! The red and brown floral lurking in the background, I got in Sydney earlier this year. Slowly working up the confidence to cut into new fabric!

And this is the latest addition to the stash purchased today. Browns and creams and dark blue and purple? What is happening to my colour tastes? There is no way I would have brough brown this time last year, but that print, second from the bottom is my favourite! Wonder how long it will be before I cut into it, I only got half a metre. Thinking about it, I think it is all these swaps that have made me think outside my normal colour square and some of the combinations I have had to sew with I have liked. And that is a good thing. :)

5 comments:

jacquie said...

Pretty fabric...I love the brown too! The tablerunner is looking great.

Tine said...

It is so much fun to make something for someone else, and trying to match their color-choices!
I love the brown fabrics you bought!
The tablerunner is looking wonderful :-)

Amy a.k.a. dragonryder4 said...

Love the fabric's you bought and can't wait to see more of the table runner!

Lily Mulholland said...

That's how stashes get so big...we change our tastes faster than we can use up all that fabric!

And I reckon 'he' looks a bit like a baby seal!

Gina said...

Thank you for looking by my blog and your kind comments. Gorgeous fabrics you've shared.