Sunday, July 13, 2008

A Wintery Weekend at Rotto


We have just come back from a long weekend at Rottnest. I must admit I had much rather go on holidays over there when the weather is warmer like this holiday and this one. But Daz and I scored a day each off work and so going away for a little trip was too good to refuse! Being in the middle of winter though I packed welly boots and rain coats for the girls! They still had a ball, building sandcastles, going to the movies one night, riding our bikes around. My first trip ever that I didn't take any hand sewing to do or visit the bakery! A world first indeed.....

5 comments:

AJ said...

So the bakery is worth a visit then Helen...will have to remember that next Easter!!

Cool lighthouse!!

Lisa said...

Looks beautiful! is it far from where you live?

Emma said...

So, no sewing or bakery, but maybe a few G&Ts from the angle of those photos?!

Harmany Quilting said...

We love Rotto in the winter. For us it's like a tropical holiday living where we do, we take the bathers, sandals, shorts oh and the raincoats, but it's so warm there. And the trips to the bakery and the peacocks at the Rotto Arms. All the bike riding. I'm so glad you went - lovely place.

Ruth's Place said...

Thanks for bringing back many happy memories of Rotto. It was a huge treat to go there when I was a kid!