Sunday, January 06, 2008

Welcome to 2008!

Seems like ages since I posted last. Things have been busy over the New Year period, we went to Rottnest for a week. Its a tough life but someone has to live it! :) For those that don't know, Daz's folks work and live over at the island so we stay with them, we don't have a holiday house there, well unless I call their place our holiday home! The girls had a ball as always. They made friends with this quokka which we called Queenie, every afternoon it would come out by the front gate and the girls would pick leaves off a climbing geranium plant and feed her. Not the quokka's natural diet I am sure!


Our mornings were spent at the beach, with the girls brightly coloured bathers, the sparkling water and endless sunshine, I was taking photos in all directions. I love the above shot of Milly, she is so hard to catch in a photo at the moment and here she is rolling her hands around and around each other like we are trying to teach her to do in the water to swim. She was doing it, then walked out with her hands still going!

This was my view from the beach. Lots of fancy boats in the bay as its peak holiday season there, we would just dream about which one we would like to own. Grace stomping on another sand castle moments after she has finished it. Milly wadding back in cause her hat has blown off. And Daz lying back in the water, maybe holding a beer? I can't work out if he was in this shot, but most likely yes!

And this is Daz's veiw from the water back to the beach, me huddled under the umbrella! I do venture in the water but I burn so easily and prefer kicking back on my little beach chair watching the action. I did read Jodi Picoult's Second Glance which at first I was struggling getting into then after 2 days had finished it. Milly is a girl after my own heart, she gets tired of the water before Grace and is happy to sit on the chair next to me before its time to load the pram up with all our stuff and walk the 5 minute stroll back to the house.

So a lazy week of hanging at the beach, reading, feeding quokka's, eating and drinking too well was had by all. Absolutely no sewing! Kind of lost the sewing mojo at the moment. I have a top for Milly in progress which is slowly coming there. Bring on 2008 I say!

5 comments:

Ruth's Place said...

I grew up in Perth, and your Rotto pictures brought back lots of memorues - though we only did day trips. Looks like an awesome holiday.

Cass said...

Helen it looks absolutely wonderful. I wish we had parents that lived neat the beach. The girls look like they had a great time. I think Charlotte would be in the water the whole time with Grace while Lucy and I huddle under the brolly with you LOL

Chookyblue...... said...

great holiday snaps.......

Emma said...

Terrific photos; they give a great feel! I'm even less of a beach person than you - I stay inside in the a/c while Simon and his parents take James to the beach.

Belinda said...

I always love seeing your pictures of Rottnest Is. The colours are just beautiful. And the water looks devine!!!