Wednesday, July 09, 2008

WIP Wednesday - Week 24 - 4 seasons swap

Well its school holidays here at the moment and while it is lovely not having to do the mad runaround getting ready in the morning, there was not that much sewing going on today for Wonderful WIP Wednesday. Now my table runner is finished, still just need to do the label, I have been working on this today when I have grabbed a few seconds for myself.

Does it look like a sun? Its getting there. I am liking the accuracy of foundation peicing but I must say the routine of sew, walk to ironing board, iron down, hope its okay, breathe out when it is, reposition next bit, pin down, walk back to sewing machine, sew, walk to ironing board, iron down, hope its okay......... It gets a bit boring after awhile!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Helen, I almost never iron, I mostly fingerpress, that's enough, although the pieces can't be to big

or do you use freezer paper?

Emma said...

I do iron every time, but I sew as many as I can at a time before ironing 'in bulk'. I've also experimented with setting up the ironing board right next to my sewing table, but found I like being forced to move from the machine regularly. It happens to help that the ironing board is usually in front of the television!

Emma said...

PS - after all that, I forgot to say how great your sun looks!

AJ said...

Nice Sun...I'm with you...back and forwards makes me dizzy!

Anonymous said...

Those mini-irons by Clover(http://www.joann.com/joann/catalog.jsp?CATID=cat3720&PRODID=prd10489&_requestid=55625) come in really handy for paper piecing. Keep it in a tall mug next to your machine (best way not to inadvertently burn yourself, learned the hard way), and you don't have to get up for every seam. Saves a lot of time, but you don't burn as many calories! :)

Lily Mulholland said...

It will be beautiful Helen! Reminds me I must put the iron and board on the same level of this place when I start my next project!

Lisa said...

I have an ironing board that can be raised and lowered, so I lower it and put it to the right of me .... if only my chair swiveled better! How do you do your foundation piecing? it looks different.